Outer Inner Space




Lights are out,
did my sight finally give out?
My brain is tickling me.
Far lit up dots I chase in this peculiar space.
I've always loved glittery things.
I remember I made mom a card with glitter of the color pink,
It's her favorite or I thought it was.
My face was covered with glitter,
like a shimmering star, I've always felt.
Specially when I was told my freckles
looked like Orion's belt. 
That's why I started reaching for the stars from afar.
I want to feel beautiful again,
have stars as freckles,
and hear words that make me giggle.
I swam along the black expanding abyss.
Longing to reach them. 
Floating felt good.
Finally, I don't feel the constant weight on my shoulder.
A scent I smell that takes me to summer nights.
When my grandma used to bake us cakes.
I was too consumed that I didn't realize there were birds.
Their chirping eased my heart more.
For I have woken to their voice before.
When I woke up with a heavy chest.
Beside my bedroom window. 
They had their small nest.
Their beautiful melodies never failed to soothe my raging mind.
With the sunlight creeping in from the window side.
I don't know why but this space feels like going home again
En fin,
all that feels right
in this space I find.