Reminiscence.




I'd leave pieces of me wherever I go,
in places where memories were made, where love was alive and roaming in the air like pollen during springtime.
I just hope I don't leave my all,
in the coffee shop where we had our first date ,
or in the place you gave me my first bouquet of roses,
for I'm afraid of what fate has for us 
and what the future will unfold.
Maybe we won't go to these places again, and I'd feel all lost and unsettled. 
Cause leaving the best and loveliest part of yourself, that part that reminds you of what you're living for was never easy.
Maybe I'll go there again,
but without you,
for you'd be long gone,
and I'll only have a carved memory of you and I together
and some tears to shed when I recall how it all went down.
But what if I go there and I find you just like how I left you,
with the same dreamy look on your eyes that I remember 
and this majestic cologne of yours that I adored.
Will we be able to retrieve such memories,
or would you have forgotten all about me and what we had?
I left everything I wanted to hold onto there,
even though I knew I might not be able to go back to how it all was,
but our memories shall be remembered, forever.
At least as a mere thought that results in a faint smile on my face.