Validation




It starts off with some discomfort

This feeling in the pit of my stomach and I can’t really seem to stay seated for an hour straight

This feeling of guilt that never really disappears. It is stuck with me, always, even in the corners of my happiest smiles it is there.

It is like the world sometimes seems too small and other times too big. I check the mirror once and twice just to make sure that I physically am there.

I still question my own sanity and wonder if I am the only one

The only one who wonders if she is actually present

The only one who wonder if the world still saved a bit of oxygen and water for

The only one who wonders if she still have some sort of place

And despite the certainty of everything a part of me was still a step back, a part of me was still uncertain.

And I just wondered if it is okay to sometimes be uncertain of your own existence

If it is okay to want to prove to yourself that you are alive

That you aren’t a part of a parallel universe to reality

That you aren’t dead and this is just a flashback

That you are a living breathing being

That you think

That you love and feel

But are you really real if you withhold the power to pause and resume your world?!