Dear Person Who Broke My Heart.




Dear person who broke my heart, 


I always let you walk all over me, I let you scream and I let you make me cry, I let you affect my mental state way more than I thought I did. You were toxic, and I never saw it until I took a step back, further away from you and looked far away into the fires you set that I barely escaped, I watched as you raged, as you tried to climb the bridge that I built for myself to get away from you, and got furious every time I pushed you down, so you lit them more. You sent many of your men to come get me and bring me back to the dungeon where you kept me for years, but how could you ever think I'd go back to my own cell willingly? You thought this dungeon was a garden and these chains were nothing but feathers on my skin, you thought this was how I'd see the prison you built for me no matter how cruel you made it, because I loved you. But I'm not coming back, and the little respect I had left for you the day I walked away had now perished, and you're nothing more than a couple of memories I wish to erase. You've scarred me deeper than I thought, and now every time someone treats me the way I deserve tears gather in my eyes as I remember I once thought that it was too much to ask, that there were things I could never have asked for but deeply needed, and you would never have understood. I can't deny that during the cold winter nights I sometimes miss the warmth of your fire pit, but I know better than to go back and melt in them, I've learnt how to make my own fire, one that only gives me warmth, not burns me to the ground with it.