Its Time for Me to Heal




Every time I try to break free from my feelings for you, you pull me right back‬.

‪Every time I try to spread my wings and fly again, you rip them out plucking away feather by feather then all at once‬, it’s like this never-ending agony.

I want to escape this heart-shaped prison, I’m running out of breath but you’re standing on the other side watching me with the key in your hand.

Will I ever be free of you?
When I finish my sentence, am I gonna be able to commit this crime called love again?

I hate you for making me fall head over heels for you, you swept me off my feet so fast, and at first, I didn’t mind it cause I thought you’d break my fall, what I didn’t know yet is that the fall would be this long.

I thought I fell in love with you but really, I just fell in this pitch-black hole and I’m left with this lingering feeling in my chest floating with me in this lonely dark.

“Was this your plan all along?” I asked stupidly as if you’d answer as if anyone would hear my screams.

Was it your plan to make me love you so you would break me and shatter me into a million pieces and then fix me with your past midnight ‘i miss you' just to shatter me all over again.

But why? Why would I deserve this? Is this punishment for loving you so genuinely? For giving you everything I had to offer?

I just want this darkness to be over.
I just want to heal from this..from you.
Never again..but...maybe.. just once more...