What it is Like to be an Overthinkiner


After a long day at school, I got back home thinking about all what happened; why didn't my best friend smile when she was saying goodbye? Why didn't my teacher seem proud of me when he gave me my test marks? Why didn't I smile back to the girls by my locker? I pushed the thoughts away as I was opening my house's door, and I found my mom in the kitchen preparing lunch while feeding my baby sister.

"Hi, mom!" I greeted.

"Hi, sweetie!" Mom replied, but she didn't look at me. I felt all the thoughts coming again, but louder than before. Trying to ignore them, I went to my room, laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. The thoughts got suddenly louder.
"Please no, please!"
I put my hands on my head, thinking I might just make them stop. I kept pressing my hands harder and harder, but they were so loud!
"No one cares about you"
"Your mom gives more attention to your little sister because she doesn't need you anymore"
"Even your best friend didn't smile when saying goodbye... She's bored with you!"
"You didn't smile back at the girls by your locker, you ruined their day!"
"Your teacher isn't proud of you because you are a letdown!"

"SHUT UP!" I screamed.

My mom rushed to my bedroom, "Are you okay?" She questioned.

"Yes, mom. I'm sorry. I'll be down for lunch in a minute." I responded with a smile. She left the room, so I knew I faked it well. I looked at the mirror, feeling regretful because I didn't ask for her help...but that's me; I think a lot. I even think for everyone else, not only for myself. It's like I'm thinking instead of everyone in the entire world. So how am I going to explain this? I smiled sadly and kept my day going just like every day.