But I've once seen love


But I’ve once seen love 
I’ve once seen love in the eyes of a kid, I’ve once seen love through my eyes as a kid.
Love is felt once the first touch you get when you’re a new baby born, the love of a loving mother flicking a way through your bones. Skin as soft as silk, and so love finds its way to make your feelings happily stilt. 
1, 2, 3 love to me was like a tree, I’d make sure to water it, as I’m not longing to lose it. 
I grew up thinking that love was only about people, but I’ve seen love in other things.
I’ve seen love when I was reading my favorite book, I was overjoyed that my feelings became an unsolvable knot. A knot that I preferred to be rather complicated than easily untied.
I’ve fallen in love with that book, the same way you’d fall in love with a person. 
I’ve seen love when I saw my siblings playing peacefully together and making squeaky sounds while playing hide and seek, it was the same love I saw the day of their graduation, proud of each other and waving a ‘I made it’ goodbye on the stage. 
 I’ve once seen love in the eyes of a dog which was waiting for his owner to be back home from the grocery store, or waiting for his little friend to come back home from school, so it could play with its frisbee and get patted smoothly feeling the safe warmth of his owner.
Late night walks with someone you love is a special type of love too.
As much as I’ve seen love as glossy as the moon, and as heartrending as the words of poems, yet I’ve seen it break others too.
I’ve seen that commitment to love a very brutal weapon, one that would throat-slash you alive and make you feel dead, even when you’re trying to be alive. 
I’ve seen my friend breaking apart, letting her tears flow like a river, crying over someone who’s no longer there, and my bare hands couldn’t even do a thing, it’s all heart-wrenching and there was no way I could prevent her. 
I’ve seen it in the eyes of a father who lost her son to war, all types of war, a marine one, a gun-loaded one, and even a mental one. 
I’ve seen it in the eyes of a mother after having an unexpected miscarriage, she was already in love with that baby inside, even before his appearance to real life.
It was once present between 2 lovers, and now they’re acting like strangers to each other. 
Is that commitment really worth the hallucinations you’re making yourself experience?
3, 2, and 1 “I’m pressing on a time- machine button” 
I’m hoping that people before falling in love do realize what their commitments behold of consequences, yet what they behold of sweet moments as well, I’m hoping you’d choose love as a rose you’d rather leave alive without plucking it out of your soul, let it grow until it becomes a magical garden, one that’s full of vivid vibes.