for you, always and forever.


It's been a year since I last spotted you staring at me, it's been so long since I felt the warmth of your love.
This is for you, because I never got the chance to tell you what I was afraid to say...

The way you used to tell me about your favourite colour always left me dazed.
How your lips curled and your pupils widened telling me it was green, like emeralds, never realising it was the same as your eyes.
And the little things you did to make me feel okay, like painting my toe nails and playing with my hair when my nightmares got the best of me, never telling you that your presence was enough to make me feel safe.
It's how you always made fun of me for laughing at the dumbest of jokes, and how I punched your strong arms because I was flushing scarlet.
I still miss the way I used to act annoyed when you call my name with an "e", keeping the fact that I loved hearing it that way from you to myself.
I miss you so much it hurts, 
I miss the dimple on your left cheek that used to play hide and seek when you smiled at me.
Always ignoring how my heart danced when I felt your presence, little did I know yours felt the same.
I still wish you were here, 
I wish you were here so I could tell you that I loved you back, and feel my cheeks heat up saying it. I would've spoiled the last episode of our favourite show, which I had to watch, alone.
I still miss the times we ate our food cold because we couldn't stop taking snaps on our phones.
Or the times when we fought like little kids because you always ate my fries.
I miss being happy because of you..
I miss the joy and love you always shared with me, and now it's all gone.
I wonder how emptiness can be so heavy when there’s nothing of you left inside?


Just come back, and we'll set everything else aside.



(Part 1 of 3 )