maybe one last time


Maybe 10 years from now I will see you accidentally in a coffee shop.
Maybe then you would still be oblivious to the fact that I loved you.
You will ask me about the series we watched together, and I will confess that I haven't finished it.
I won't tell you that my heart ached everytime I watched it after you left.Maybe I will be engaged , and you will be happily married to the girl we always judged together.
Maybe we will both be single, but we will both feel the barrier.
The barrier that makes us realise we can't go any further than that coffee shop's door.
You will tell me about your graduation, and how happy you felt; I will tell you about mine even though I know our common friend already did.
You will come back, but maybe and sadly I won't even recognize you anymore.
You will change that habit of always bitting your nails.
Your crooked teeth will be lined up next to eachother because you wore braces for 2 years, but I wasn't there to see, or tease you about it.
Your hair will be shorter than when I last saw you just how I liked it when we were younger.
You will say I haven't changed when both of us know I did. When both of us know that I don't love you anymore.
For a split second everything will go back in time to Thursday's outings, and how you always showed up late, but just in the perfect time for us to take that 5 minutes walk alone and away from everyone.
At the end, we will both leave.
No numbers exchanged, and no addresses known.
Not knowing if I will see you again, and not knowing if I will want to!
The only thing I know is if I ever fall in love I would want him to have bits of you; even if they were the bits that I hated the most.