opportunities

I always find myself veering away from opportunities, allowing my fear control me, it's like driving a car in an empty road, and my heart wants me to speed up, roll the windows down and allow the air to burst through my hair, messing it up, with music blasting out and me singing at the top of my lungs, yet what I do is keep my windows closed, soft music playing and sticking to the speed limit, scared I would get caught. Too many times I've found myself wishing I took that chance, the chance to be free and to do what I love fearlessly, yet I always let the chains of anxiety hold me back, and despite my regret every time I watch an opportunity slip right through my fingers, I never break off the chains, and even though its keys are at my feet, I don't know if I'll ever pick them up, and set myself free, and I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to push my feet down on the gas pedal and feel the bliss of the night time calm, and that soft breeze engulfing me. But I do hope that someday I will sing in the streets not giving a care about the staring eyes surrounding me, and that I will have the courage to express my mind and accept the criticism with an open heart and mind, and that maybe I'll let myself fall in love with people and things and places and accept the loss if it comes. I hope that someday I'll have the heart to live and make a change, not just to pass by life unnoticeably. Maybe one day I'll press down the gas pedal.