[1219] On The Broadwalk


For this month of December, we present to you the latest instalment of our monthly photo collections series, On The Broadwalk, by our newest photographer, Astghfrollah!

“When Springsteen meets a future girlfriend on the boardwalk in Asbury Park, he delivers this electric introduction: “She was Italian, funny, a beatific tomboy, with just the hint of a lazy eye, and wore a pair of glasses that made me think of the wonders of the library.”
― Bruce Springsteen.


] 


“Footsteps of a stranger’s soul in a world of chaos and pain. Her features are familiar, yet her spirit is different. Her footsteps are firm and loud, her determination is shown by her confident smile, her lightness in the smallest movements.”


]


“I’m a thalassophile, I and the sea are two close friends, to which I can cry and smile the best. He listens to my pleas at everything. The usual me felt a bit off, I went to talk to him, and he started playing his beautiful tones like a harp. His music refills the cups of anger and distress with happiness and comfort. Even when I’m wearing black that doesn’t mean that  I’m not feeling blue. His shades of blue that differ with the soft waves moving quietly seem to foray my soul with fresh air.  His shades seem to stop me and forever stare.”


]


“it looks toxic, isn’t it? the water i mean. you may be wondering (or you might’ve just scrolled through your feed and didn’t even care) why would she be sitting so near to this ugly lake? now, i get your point of view but i’d like to take you down a trip of mine. your heart is toxic. that’s what attracts me to you. that’s what attracts us to each other. you went through so many feelings and your heart just keeps welcoming them in on and on; it never says no. you just lost someone you love, your heart welcomes grief. you just saw a pretty sunflower bloom for the first time in a while, your heart welcomes happiness. you just felt a spark around a new someone you just met, your heart welcomes love. now, what do you make out of all this mess? how would you explain the swirl of these mismatched feelings other than its toxic to have them all in one place? it’s not that bad though; or actually, maybe it is. and maybe that’s why we are who we are. you’re you because of your toxic heart. what would happen if you only felt love and nothing else? you’d basically be a programmed robot waiting to be ticked off and explode. you may perceive the water as ugly but oh what wonders would it make to have a change of perspective.”


]


“It feels lonely as I watch the boat slowly fade out of sight. Life feels like a repetitive nightmare and all I want is to finally find a key to this inevitable escape room. The chill wind slightly hit my face with a discouraging aura, life suddenly looked grey, as if I was colourblind. And suddenly I felt even more woeful.”


]


“Just like a net stuck down in a wide endless sea, watching powerlessly all around its preys of colourful fish passing by and incapable of trapping any, was I; stuck in a wide cage called "Mind.” It had tied me so down that I'm unable to see the beauty in the flying butterflies over my head, in the eyes of my favourite pet, not even able to catch joy, spending time with my lifetime friends. It trapped me pretty hard that I no longer try to resist, just swaying with the flow on the symphony of my thoughts like a desperate net in an endless sea.”


[ 6 ]


“Hanging by the swing was I, a lost soul wandering through life, wondering if I'm on the right path, pondering if there even is a path. The boardwalk wasn't wet, yet damp, it wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, yet it was a bit icky, and so was my life; I wasn't necessarily sad, yet I was a bit nervous and lost. Will I find my way the more I walk or will I get more lost? Will ever find the answers to any of my questions or will I continue questioning everything with no reply whatsoever? I don't know, but I don't really care. As long as I am well and living, I'll just continue to exist.”
 nour sarhan



[ F I N . ]