The Ultimate Bliss



Your burden's a snowball you're pushing up a snowy mountain; you are moving forward but the burden keeps getting bigger and bigger. The snowball effect, this is what life is. "I can't wait to grow older," I used to tell myself, but little did I know that growing older means growing troubles and growing pains.

Growing older means a bit more freedom and a lot more responsibilities. Growing older means becoming a bit wiser but facing much more difficult problems. This is what growing older is all about; it's the things that adults hid from us, the realities they protected us from, only to be put face-to-face with them without prior warnings or preparations.

I wish I didn't have to grow older, I wish I was stuck in a loop where I had to take my middle school exams over and over again rather than having to juggle problems from every aspect of my life. It feels like everything’s falling apart, one after the other, without a breather or a moment to destress. It feels suffocating.

I wish I could, at least, freeze this moment without getting older. It's too much already, but I can't imagine being able to handle anymore. I feel tired out of nowhere, I feel drained all of a sudden, I need time off but I don't have this luxury, but I'm sure it is better now than whatever it is that the future holds.

Looking at my parents, it doesn't get any better. Looking at my grandparents, it still doesn't get any better either. Looking at my ancestors, they're at peace, finally underground. Guess darkness is what brings peace after all, isn't it?

Oh, how I wish I can finally reach the ultimate darkness; bliss.