Can quarantine certainly be the reason for purifying our broken souls?....

Guest Writer


Can quarantine certainly be the reason for purifying our broken souls? Can it also be the reason why everyone is enjoying every bits and piece of their lockdown? I am not quite sure if people are considering this as glorifying as I think it is. I grab my cup of coffee and for once I sit down in my balcony as I scrutinise the smallest details. I am cuddled up in my jacket as I hold onto the book I start to read. However, I get distracted by the view and I pause just a little bit. As I acknowledge my surroundings, I find myself smiling due to the amusement of what I am observing. I look to my right and I see families gathered at one table as they share smiles and good old stories of their beloved ones. I hear laughs from a distance as I see families drink up their savoury while their children are bewildering the beauty of every heartwarming scenery. I look underneath my porch and I see people running, jogging, walking their dogs, and kids swaying joyfully as they play hide and seek. I tend to find extreme happiness as I see fathers teaching their kids how to ride a bicycle, and I feel reassurance as I observe kindness in the air. I love how earth smells good and how everything is peacefully settled down. I love the reflection of the sun as it soothes every part of the area I live in. I love the air and cold breeze as it endures my soul and ignites goosebumps of endless chills. I am allured with what God has sent us as we finally recognize his beauty in everything he has evolved. I am still seeing beauty at this very moment as I thoroughly write down my words. I spot a family of two kids who are happily enjoying the moment as they are seated on a seesaw and throwing away the worries that behold tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow holds a gift, maybe everything remains the same as we complain about how horrific it is to stay locked down. Maybe few of us are enjoying the world's tendency of making us appreciate "life". Maybe others await freedom, yet oblivious of how much they'll be missing the stories behind those days. As we remain unaware of what tomorrow is hiding for us, I hope we all create good memories, share laughs and positive energies. I hope we all find safety, love, and support as we are surrounded by our families, and I hope we all thank god day and night for the roof that beholds our houses. I hope we bewilder into the beauty of everything as we put so much effort into living our lives to the fullest. May we eternally claim happiness and may we all stay safe and sound for that all this will end pretty much soon. Until then, let's induce beauty, laugh our hearts out, cook and gain good pounds, watch movies and play home games, read and workout and become the very best versions of ourselves. Until then, let's remain positive and let's make memories in which can later be told to our kids in the perfect future. Until then, be your own self and hold neither grudges nor worries. Until then, utterly skim your way into success as you have complete confidence in yourself. We will be fine and we will be great just keep your hopes and faith. Yours truly, Ratwa Nusair🥀