Home




Sometimes,
Just sometimes,
Home isn’t a person nor is it a place.
Sometimes,
Just sometimes,
Home is that place where all the misplaced puzzle pieces are stuck to each other making up a colorful painting with the words ‘you are okay’ on it.
Sometimes,
Just sometimes,
Home is that one person trying their best to patch up that hole in my stoned heart without having to ask something back.
Sometimes, 
Just sometimes,
I’d look at all the arts hanging around the walls of this home, and wonder how can God ever place me with them. With all the beautiful shades of blues and yellows and reds flowing out of their hearts and the flowers that shape the gardens in their head, I wonder sometimes how can someone as ugly as me be with them. I was scared, I am scared that if I am too much, I am scared to stay stuck in the black painting I drew myself and not blending with the rainbows around me. I have sheltered the demons inside for long I forgot how my mother’s face looks like. Ever wonder why my eyes are so black? 
Sometimes,
Just sometimes,
Home is when you are beautifully blooming with all the thrones you have inside, home is you.
Sometimes,
Just sometimes,
Fate works in my side and now I have found my long-lasting home. 

Nagla Aly Khalifa