Food Review Wednesday - @foodcai by Salma Ahmed

Hi! I’m Salma, the founder of @foodcai on Instagram and today I will share with you some of my favourite restaurants and take you through my journey as a food blogger! I started this account 1 and 1/2 year ago because I was passionate about photography and trying new food & restaurants, so I thought of combining the 2 things that I love in something that I’d enjoy and put my effort in it. It's now a huge part of my life and so important to me, therefore I’m always trying to make it better. Here are some restaurants that I suggest you try if you haven’t already:

1. Shocks (Burger Truck)




Shocks is a burger truck that serves American burger. It's the perfect place to head to if you're looking for the perfect, juicy and tasty beef patties you crave. They are my perfect spot for when I’m craving really delicious burger, as their burgers are the juiciest and the yummiest ever.

2. Desouky and Soda 


When looking for a place that serves oriental food, whether pasta with liver, Liver and sausages sandwiches, savoury or pies, then Desouky and Soda always comes in my mind. Their oriental food is so good, especially the Friends Tray that contains sausages, liver and kofta sandwiches.

3. Gringos


Mexican food has become my favourite a while ago since I tried Gringos' tacos. I’ve always heard a lot of amazing reviews about Gringos when I was looking for Mexican food, but the food's quality exceeded my expectations when I tried it there myself. The tacos there are the best! I’ve also heard a lot of amazing reviews about their nachos and quesadilla which I’ll visit them very soon to try.

4. Boho Bun 


Boho Bun's Stuffed Nutella doughnut is the tastiest doughnut you'll ever taste. Not only because it contains a huge dose of Nutella but also because the dough itself tastes delicious, They have a variety of different flavours to pamper your cravings, also they serve burgers which I’ll be back to try.

5. Conut 


Conut never fails to impress me with their soft-serve ice cream conut, A combination of soft-serve ice cream inside the delicious conut with cinnamon and sugar (they have other options like red velvet, Oreo, et cetera) filled with milk chocolate inside with a chocolate sauce topping and Maltesers is literally mouthwatering. Also, they have savoury conuts if you’re in the mood for something savoury.


I hope you enjoyed this review and if you try any of those restaurants make sure to dm me your feedback!