Me and myself



Somehow between now and then, I’ve lost all of my friendships. The ones that lasted for years and the ones that existed for minutes. I've got rid of all of my dreams that included someone other than myself. I was stupid enough to misunderstand what was happening. My therapist was my only friend and the one who stood by my side. I've kept it all in my head: the memories, cries and nightmares. My pillow witnessed all of my tears and bloody eyes. I thought the moon would want to be my friend, so I always went out at night. Whenever I looked at the moon, the clouds covered its light. I've been suffering alone, giving everyone fake smiles. It's a journey I am forced to complete, with only my shadow by my side. The times the shadow disappears, my heart will be my guide. It isn't easy to make your voice sound alive when you're dying inside. I collapsed a million times, then got up on my own. I've written down all of my feelings in my notes. Now I can't feel the warmth of a hug, of a friend that could heal my wounds. No one will hear my cries, I'll be fighting alone till the end.