Letters I Wanted to Send to the Boy I Loved - Letter 1.2



Dear you,

I've been reading this book series lately, it is a collection of letters from lovers from the renaissance era and I've read them all. They're beautiful.

But, why do I feel like I'm going through the same sorrows the writers went through? At least, I don't think I'm as in love as they were, but not being able to confront you about my -rather- confused feelings pains me a lot.

Will you ever get to know that I love you? The writers in the book, at least, got to send their letters to their loved ones, but I don't think I'll ever have the guts to give these to you.  I've always been courageous enough to confess to all of my past crushes; always looked rejection straight in the eyes and told it, "I'm not afraid of you!" But, will I ever confess to you like I did with them? I don't think so; you're different; you're way out of my league; you're perfect; there is no possibility for you to like me back.

But wait...

Haven't I decided before that I don't like you that way, anymore? What has this book done to me? Did I forget that I live in the present time, not the renaissance and that I've decided that I have already moved on? It seems like I cannot think straight anymore; you're so ethereal that one cannot simply move on from you!

Sadly, there's a girl whom I think you fancy already, so why bother. I just wish you could notice me, even as a friend.

Yours,
me.