Saudade


Photo by: IG| @vintagecontents
Written by: IG| @bassantyasser__

Dear ex-best friend,

I woke up with a strange feeling today, it felt as if I’m a dead flower crushed by everyone walking on it, while some even deliberately stepped on it, just like you did. I felt empty, nothing but my lungs were breathing. My brain thinking about all the good memories we had together. The heartache I get when I remember you. My soul that flew away with you when you left me, though my body felt as if it was just tired of feeling everything which wasn't meant for it, as if it kept moving for ages, thinking of you. Everything but its own happiness and that was the first time I feel the loneliness when my family, friends or anybody I could talk to are around me, but it’s just not having myself, the person that I know is no longer here anymore. My brain gradually started a war inside me searching for reality. The reality of you not being here anymore and that is when my heart completely knows I’m not feeling well because of the scars you left on me that were once happy moments we were going to tell to everyone about when we grow up together.