Constellations in Our Eyes


I look at our eyes.
I see broken glass,
refracting light on water
making me see all the colors 

dispersing in a way a 
prism wouldn’t enable.
All those fragments
of all kinds of stories

revealing themselves only to
make me feel so alone
with my one color to see.
Yet that color is not primary as it seems.

I think back and I see more;
more to the fragments 
and more to each perception.
I close my eyes and think back.

Every part has a purpose.
Every piece fits with another 
to form a line connecting them.
If everything is a smaller part 

of a bigger ideology,
does that mean that everything 
is a maze of shapes yet to make sense?
Then the sky would be made 

of puzzle pieces.
I would imagine that the 
sky would be made of glass;
so fragile that it hurts to see;

so intense that you can’t believe.
If that were true,
that would mean every piece exists flawed.
When flaws wouldn’t hurt,

would the sky hurt if it fell on me?
Would I apologize to it? 
Would it be as harsh as the sword of Candor?
Would you find yourself diverging from the path? 

Would you find yourself harder to see?
Would you make it harder for you?
Would you make it easier on me?
Oh, my imagination, would you still run wild? 

In the fields of unknown opportunity,
you’d still flourish 
riding on with your spirit
as bright as dawn.

Look at the stars, how fitting.
Look at how they make constellations witting. 
As a part of a bigger picture, 
what would you paint?

As limiting as it it, 
find a way to bring me back
to enchant me once more.
Find a way to bring me back in time

to see the constellations when they first met;
to hear their conversations on the wire;
to see the untouched hope
that you shined with.

That is how our eyes glimmered
in the moonlight as we sat
contemplating our future 
travels and adventures.

That is how we seemed 
to the galaxies far away
as they watched us;
two specks chasing each other.

I wonder what kind 
of constellations could the 
stars see as they observed us?
I’ll leave that to their imagination to draw.