Above These Haunting Sheets



I close the lights, yet my head flashes just as bright.
Showing the poor scenarios from the sick reality called my life.
I put weights in blankets, yet my body is still frantic,
Dissociating from the disaster, then my heart beats faster.
The sun creeps, and everyone gets to leave,
yet I lie above these haunting sheets.

It glues me down and tempts my mind.
After all, it is sick and tantalized.
The desire to exist gets washed away,
I mean, do I really have a reason to stay?
The sun creeps, and another morning arrives.
I really would do anything for one of those smiles.

Frustration builds up, and I don't know why.
Why am I so messed up, yet everything is fine?
It is not like I miss a limb, or an eye,
I just miss a wonderful life.

A life I would've had promised myself,
If I was alright,
One where everything just rhymes,
One where perfection lies,
If only that was what money buys?

But by then, I have to stay asleep,
Laying still
Above these haunting sheets.