Life Outside



I've been standing on the shore for too long now.

I think about the sea, when it's right infront of me.

How fulfilling must swimming feel, how cold the water must be.

I've walked a thousand steps, but I never reached a place.

I told you I feel like I've been preparing my notebook for years without writing a single word, but you didn't get it.

How soul-crushing is it that I still feel the same?

I've frozen my life because I feel inadequate.

But I'll melt it and return when I earn my own approval, I tell myself.

My mind addicted to getting ready, it almost forgot that warming up is not part of the race.

I'm an ant stuck in an illusion of a round wall.

Little do I know I can simply step over the fake borders.

I can freely walk up to the water and let the ocean hold my entire body.

I can stop walking in circles and instead towards a place.

I can stain my notebook with ink.

Finally, I can melt the ice, and allow myself life.