i don’t want to look at the moon and remember you anymore



It’s been two moon cycles since my skin touched yours, and ever since then it’s like you set my skin on fire and the only thing that can extinguish it is the touch of your lips.

I count the hours and minutes ever since the moment your lips parted goodbye, just to mouth the words I love you for the last time. I count them, because at that moment I couldn’t tell if it was the truth. It’s been 28 sunrises from the moment the gods descended from the 7th sky just to watch us fight and watch you take that first step towards the door, towards leaving me.

Even though we spend so much time looking at the same moon but under different skies, it still hurts when the moon makes my skin blue, because I miss you. With every inch of that blue skin I miss you. With every cell in that skin you last touched I miss you. I hold onto these cells. I don’t want them to die, because with them dies the feeling of your warmth, of your love, of OUR love.

~I don’t want to look at the moon and remember you anymore.