An Appreciation Letter To Fleeting Seconds Which Hug Me Till I Sleep





I never knew that such tiny details linger –I thought it was such a poetic fantasy that doesn’t exist in our reality; but reality is just another poem, only smeared with monotony and a bit of darkness along with a sprinkle of magic somewhere, because that’s what keeps us alive.

So, cheers to the things which pat us on the back when the world pulls us into a deep end; the small memories carved deep into our hearts, the sweet gestures with an everlasting aftertaste, the times of glory which fuel us with strength whenever we are falling apart.

It isn’t easy to hold on tight to our anchors all the time, because it gets too sombre on some days and our little soul-keepers seem too distant –sometimes you even doubt if they ever existed. And it is sad, you know, because we are merely oscillating on this vast swing of life and you got almost no control over how the waves crash. “Hold on tight,” they say. “Strength will pave your road,” they say. Yet sometimes, I’m just tripping through the mess and the entire world seems like a small room screwed upside-down with no way out.

But throughout crawling my way out, I could still feel my heart working so hard to reach a peaceful pace once more. The things which once made my heart sweetly flutter might be fading, but they’re still tenderly touching me in a way I couldn’t comprehend…the grateful smile on someone’s face, the caring words embracing me, the hastily-said goodbyes to our loved ones because we certainly know that we’re going to see them again –the fleeting seconds of intimacy and warmth.

May we never lose the heavenly gifts which lull us to sleep. May they never distort into a bitter old story.

May we all be a sweet memory to someone, a shoulder to cry on even when we aren’t there.