Never say goodbye!




Do you remember the memories we shared, my friend? To me, they’re remarkable ones. Don’t laugh at me, I’m being serious right now. It’s still annoying, but I love those memories, even love the way you annoy me.

I can’t forget the first time I rode a bike, it was challenging for me. That day, we rented two bikes, I took the red one and you chose the blue, you adore the colour blue. I sat on the saddle and clang onto the handles while you were beside me, however, when you turned your back to get your bike, I fell like a log on the ground, fixed to the saddle. It was a funny tragedy to me.

My hands were hurt, but I didn’t give up. We moved near a wall to avoid further accidents, then we started again. This time, we began moving, you were undoubtedly taking the lead, a few centimeters ahead, to allow my right hand to lean on you, at the same time my left hand was on the handle.

The wheels were shaking as I was unable to balance my body, you told me to think of something that would make me happy, I said that I would be happy if I had wings. You started muttering “I Believe I Can Fly.” I didn’t notice that you were gradually speeding up, my right hand involuntarily moved to hold the handle. I was now riding the bike all on my own. Your voice woke me up from my daydream, you suggested a race, I replied confidently, “why not!”

You’re older than me by two years. When we were kids, you were the tall one with a strong body, while I was the skinny short boy. I always felt like I’m ten years younger than you. It made me a little jealous, I can’t deny that, but day by day, I gradually found out that each one of us is gifted by something special, that we should use and maintain it to live happily.

One day, I complained to you about the gang of bullies that started mocking me, but I ignored them. Remember your big fight at school? It was iconic, the conversation that preceded your first hit, I can still hear your words. Sure, we were suspended for a week, nevertheless, I became popular at school and untouchable, all because of you.

Sorry for reminding you of this, but i remember your first crush? In your eyes, she was an angel. Unfortunately, I didn’t have your eyes. You asked me to write a letter to her, I thought that was old-fashioned, but you said to me, “you’re the one who can express their feelings, you write better than me.”

I still have a copy of this letter, as it was one of my first writings. I believe you’ve accidentally helped me discover the seed of this talent, don’t you think?

“ I can’t remember how old I am.
When I see you, I forget my past,
as you became my present,
I began to count my days
from the day my eyes
touched your face!
I’m a Minotaur in a labyrinth,
that turned into Orpheus
when he found his Eurydice.”

My love for Greek mythology, which you always called ‘silly,’ was the reason she was hooked. I miss those days.

Sometimes, we are obliged to leave certain places behind, a career that doesn’t suit us, or a relationship that we discovered was toxic.

Does life put a full-stop to our story when it ends?

These memories are a way through which human turns immortal, an unforgettable dead is a living person in someone’s mind.

A human is respected as a result of their actions towards others; how kind they were, their generosity, their loyalty, and how much love they gave others, even if they were strangers. My brother, our beliefs have never been a barrier in our friendship.

Our last gathering still lingers in my mind, with all its talks and lines. You mentioned leaving so much, I asked if you were traveling somewhere abroad, you just nodded and said, “it’s going to be a long journey, you can even consider it an immigration.” You looked tired and powerless, you were never like that. I asked you to visit a doctor and get a checkup, you told me to not exaggerate. You never say ‘goodbye,’ but that day you did!

I hate goodbyes, my dear friend; a goodbye means that we won’t meet again, but we will, I’m sure of that.