Sugarcoated Farewell



Woke up feeling a bit dizzy, but wholeheartedly breathless.
What have I come to?
The jingly sound of sleigh bells is repeating in a wave of crooked echoes.
Is that how it normally is?

I am looking at the slight ray of sunshine that found its way to my pale-coloured wall.
Why is it today that is warm?
Am I losing myself, or is it life that is blown?

Upon the glimmers of life that are being slowly sucked out of my soul,
I could tell, I could feel nothing but my body being absolutely paralyzed.

People approaching. Screams arise. Brutal shouts that agonize the ears of a country are disturbingly thrown.
Why is it today that is different?
Why is it today that people’s looks are shredding my insides?

Am I, at last, losing the fight, or am I choosing to let peace conquer me?

White walls surround me, they seem familiar. But... who doesn’t familiarise the walls of a hospital?

I smile, surrendering, at the beautiful clips my mind is playing.
Had my hands held, as all they said was farewell.
But, the warm hand that held mine made my heart feel warm, for a long while, too.