My Dear Angel



My dear Angel, I miss you
I miss the days our souls used to rhyme too
I miss your voice that was tones of music to my ears
I miss myself being happy with you

Life was never fair to me but I know heaven will be
Tell me, how does it feel to be finally free?
I am always thinking about you and it hurts
It is like waking up to hands suffocating you
And even at times when I am supposed to be happy,
For some reason, I am always feeling blue

Last night, I was sitting by the seashore, remembering our profound night talks
And the sad ones too
The waves were singing a sad song and it was just perfect for me
As I had so much plea to tell the sea and a lot to say about you

My dear, I miss how you made darkness seem like the perfect company
Even when there are lights surrounding me, all I can see is black
It is like it’s been embroidered within me
God, I can’t even return to being the Old me

You never warned me that 'Goodbye' would be so hard
I sleep at night with my eyes open and my mind awake,
Drawing pictures of me and you on the walls of my room
I sleep at night sunk in sorrows and despair and no tomorrow is giving me a chance
People keep saying 'it will be Okay' but no one’s feeling the pain if there’s none

My dear, I thank you for the days you made me feel worthy,
but I hate you sometimes for leaving me
When you were here, happiness was always present
And the pain was never an issue that I had to adjust to