When I was a child, I used to think that words lived inside the tip of a pencil.
I would sharpen it carefully, wondering how so many stories could hide inside such a small piece of wood.
Why did some words come out laughing while others came out carrying silent tears?
As I grew older, I realized I had been looking in the wrong place.
Words are not born from a pen.
They are born from the life we lived before we even learned how to write.
They come from my mother's voice calling me from the kitchen window, my father's prayer before I walked to school, and the smell of rain on the old neighborhood's soil.
With time, we discover that our true identity is not an ID card or a stamp in a passport.
It is the little details of our daily lives, the tone of our voice when we tell an old story, and the unexpected laugh that sounds just like our family.
These are the things that can never be replaced.
Our roots do not stop at quiet memories.
They also reach the deepest parts of our hearts....
They become the silent love we hide because we are afraid of losing its beauty, and the complicated relationships where we move closer to each other, then step away to protect what is left....
Sometimes we write to fulfill dreams we could never reach.
Through words and imagination, we embrace an old love that never had its ending, or heal from a disappointment we wish we had never known....
We write to fly with a distant bird toward a wider sky, searching for the peace we once deserved, forgetting that those we loved, or those who hurt us, have become part of the way we write about life.
That is why no two writers are ever the same, even when they write about the same subject.
Every writer waters their words with the memories, feelings, and roots that belong only to them.
When a piece of writing truly touches us, it does not feel unfamiliar.
Instead, it feels as if it has known us for a very long time.
So whenever someone asks me today, "Where do words come from?"
I no longer point to my pen.
I point to my heart, where memories quietly write me before I write them.
In the end, remember this:
the most beautiful stories are not written by our fingers; they are lived by our hearts in silence.
