shedding light on the flaws through art

Meet Tanya Shamil a talented 16 year old graphic artist and the owner of @theglutenclub on Instagram.

I love combining visuals with meaningful stories. As I began drawing, it started off as outlines of my friends on Snapchat to launching an app called arabemoji; art has been a hobby of mine since.



Her source of inspiration comes from the hypocrisy of the society or, as quoted, “flaws in societies.” She also mentioned exploring the fluidity of social culture and how people’s perspectives change over the years, that really opens up her mind and eases the process of creating her pieces.

She looks up to her mother, who’s a successful businesswoman herself, “my mom is a businesswoman and a huge inspiration of mine, she always supports me to do whatever I love.

When asked about her opinion on children who are never given an opportunity to pursue their dreams she said, ”its a process to convince your parents, however, at the end of the day, it's your life and you need to do what makes you happy.

Her dreams for the future are to continue drawing and creating new artwork, ”I want to reflect and show people perceptions of life, that we can understand one another.

Tanya is an ambitious young lady with a bright future coming ahead! Support her by following @theglutenclub!

Oh, and, have I mentioned that all her masterpieces are done on an iPhone 6?!