Can’t help falling in love with you



Wise men say... 
Only fools rush in... 
I swayed my hips slowly to the rythm, it was 3 in the morning and I had woken up abruptly in the middle of my sleep. As soon as my eyes opened up my memory reminded me of yesterday's events, it wasn't a significant fight between Adam and I, but one of many these days. My hurt slumped in sorrow, and I threw my hands up on my face, trying to shut my eyes closed, a pathetic attempt to try and forget again. Minutes passed as hours as my body refused to give in to sleep, at last, I decided to get up and do some chores. I looked next to me to make sure my sudden movement didn't wake Adam up, but he's always been a heavy sleeper, he didn't even flinch. My lips turned up in a little smile, and then I tip toed my way to the kitchen, grabbing my phone on the way to play some music to entertain me at this time. As I got to the kitchen I played one of my favourite songs, I laid my phone on the counter and turned my back to face the endless amount of dishes that need to be washed. Sighing, I picked up the first plate and allowed myself to get lost with the flow of the music. 
But I can't help, 
falling in love with you, 
Elvis Presley's soft voice engulfed the air, and my heart danced as I continued moving slowly to music, singing along to the lyrics. 
Like a river flows ,
Surely to the sea,
Darling so it goes,
Some things, are meant to be ,
A pair of hands grabbed my waist and I grinned brightly, rinsing my hand quickly, drying them with the nearest towel, then put my hands on his as his head rested on my shoulder, still swaying together to the beat. I turned around and gazed at him, his eyes sleepy, hair messy and breath, frankly, stinky, but it didn't matter. I placed both my arms on his shoulders, slowly grabbing him in a hug, not breaking the dance. 
"Take my hand ,
Take my whole life too," 
He whispered, holding me closer to his chest.   
"For I can't help,
Falling in love,
with you."
I sang along with him, rubbing my hand along his back softly, he took a step back, held my hand and spun me carefully, I chuckled and took a step closer, getting back to his warm embrace. We stayed there, dancing and mumbling the lyrics until they came to an end, but we stayed in that position, just him gripping my waist, and me enjoying his hold. And just in that moment, I realised how much this is all worth. All the fights, disagreements and hardships, the times we can't stand each other, and I send him to sleep on the couch because I don't want to be near him, they all sum up to this one moment, these five minutes when there's no one but us, and there's no chaos, no loud screaming, just us, in our pj's, dancing in a dirty kitchen, barefoot, and not talking. They all sum up to this one moment that equals to all the affection in the world, that depicts all the love we hold, despite the differences and the mishaps, they're all worth it for this one moment. I enveloped him in a closer hug, so close my bones could get crushed, trying to get him as close to me as I could, and even with him in my arms it felt like it was still not close enough. 
"I'm sorry," he whispered, tracing his hands up and down my back, gently. 
"Me too."
A few seconds later a loud cry came from upstairs. I pulled away, gazing into his eyes for a moment, grinning from ear to ear, not wanting to go away, then another loud cry emerged. 
"I better go check on her or she's going to cry all night long," I said, turning away to go to our daughter's room.
"I'll come, too," he said, smiling, then grabbed my hand and pulled me closer as we strolled away, together. 
For I can't help
Falling in love 
With you.