they looked like your eyes




They looked like emeralds, charming colors of green and greenish blues merged together.
They were wide, ingenious, and tinned with a fierce hue. they seemed lost, exactly like how your eyes would look. I wondered why did that pair of beautiful eyes stare directly into my soul like they've seen something they know, some traces of the dark past I keep locked inside, or some ink were my scars are boldly defined, maybe they've seen my aching soul, felt the tears I've shed and the nights I dread. I look straight back into his eyes and notice him flinch like I've slapped him awake with my darkness, I hold his gaze but I suddenly feel numb and I start to shake. I knew those eyes looked familiar, I knew they belonged to you because who else would it be, I knew they were yours, Adam because they looked like your eyes.