My Two Precious Eyes



I own more than my two precious eyes.

I see myself through others, and my personal changes and shifts like water.

My father's eyes look at me and see disobedience, stubbornness and sin.

My mother's eyes look at me and see rebellion, bravery and strength.

My best friend's eyes look at me and see truth, justice and peace.

My ex-lover's eyes look at me and see brokenness, chaos and tears.

Dear stranger, acquaintance, lover and friend,

I watch myself through you and see endless models and combinations of I.

I might be strong and I might be stubborn, but what I truly am is beyond those Frankensteins I keep till this day in my head.

These shallow labels keep growing and increasing in number.

I am not sorry to purge them all, to kick these monsters out.

Because I am not what others think, and I am not what I think others think.

And my two precious eyes,

Are enough.