The Paradoxical Mystery



We were always a team;
my partner, Loneliness, and I; always together;
never minding each other.
I never felt like there was something wrong. I never felt unable to speak
until I spoke with Loneliness
only to be heard by him alone.
I was an oddly extraordinary lonely girl, never daring to open her mouth;
for it was easier to be unnoticed
than to be mocked for gathering the crowd.
Loneliness was always with me.
I felt fine and was convinced that I was. I never knew what was right or wrong. I always had to play along.
Suddenly, I found a person who listened to my verses.
It felt awkward
but, at the same time, relieving;
then I found another;
soon, I found a crowd.
It was always quite loud
but my voice was never lost in it
so I spoke and I sung and I plead and won.
I found listening ears.
I heard boos and cheers.
I looked across the isle
and smiled for once in a long time.
After that,
when it was just Loneliness and I, i felt more suffocated
with just the two of us.
I felt scared and off of course
so I tried to plead another stance
and was met with a slap of a hand once again, knocked down on my feet.
I cried with Loneliness
as he was my only companion,
not the most ideal,
but better than I could have ever imagined.
He looked at me,
then said, “It is your world.
You will live in it the way you want and you will shine the way you want.”
I got up on my feet,
once again with belief.
I preached and I talked. My voice would be heard
from the ends of the earth
to the beginning of universes. My voice said,
“I am a Storm. Beware of me.
“I am a Voice. Hear me.” thus I realized
the only one stopping me was me.
From there on out,
I would be my guide.
I would be the audience. I would be in the wild.
I was the Storm;
the one you’ve heard about in your dreams and your nightmares alike;
the Storm you’d go out
and dance among her rain;
the Storm you’d be too shaken to look away from her thunder. Beautiful yet Haunting;
That was I;
That will be I;
That is I;
The Paradoxical Mystery.