A Canvas for Sale



*trigger warning*

Woke up in pain, in tears, shaking
Soaking in my own blood
Wounded, broken and traumatised
I could feel my heart breaking, bit by bit
My mind exploding
Slowly and painfully losing myself
I could remember him,
His face so close to mine
Near me, like an animal attacking its prey
Eyes staring me up and down
Like a canvas ready to be purchased
His filthy hands touching me
One covering my mouth, blocking my air passage
Unable to breathe, steadily falling unconscious
As the other went down my pants
I could remember my voice, but not me
My voice, sobbing
My voice, screaming
My voice, praying
Trembling, tremoring, quivering
I could hear my heart beating
Racing, pounding and palpitating it was
Like a trapped child trying to escape my chest
I hoped it was all a nightmare
That I’d lay my head on my pillow again
And realise that it was just me having ‘one of those days’
It was a nightmare indeed, but one I was living