A Photographer's Journey


For this month of August, we present to you the latest instalment of our monthly photo collections, A Photographer's Journey, by Amr Salem!


What i like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” 
― Karl Lagerfeld.

[ o n e ] 


oh, blue sky,
how are you so gentle on my skin,
when all I've been was rough and unruly?
the wind that pushes your clouds kisses my skin so softly,
and my skin's bumpy surface seems to waver from every little gesture of tenderness.
how are you so kind to me,
when all I've shown was how to stand solid,
devoid of every beautiful feeling?
oh, blue sky, 

how I wished I was a little bit like you.


t w o ]


“When they locked me in, I found a way out, it's called my imagination ✨”



[ t h r e e ]


with a clear mind, in peace
in this place i like to call heaven
my beautiful heaven
as wonderful serenity takes over my soul
i'm seated
with my eyes gently shut
listening to the birds chirping
observing the wind softly blowing flower petals
feeling the warm spring air against my skin
inhaling the smell of freshly cut grass
what a beauty it is
falling in love with nature all over again


[ f o u r ]


"Bright lights and colors, now mean nothing.Shadows are now my new friends..they remind me of times we've had, times we lost."
 Nourhan.


[ f i v e ]


“I can walk the whole world, only if you're walking with me.”
 Rawan.

[ s i x ]


“i was once beautiful
with many flowers blooming
an object of awe to any passerby

but after harsh storms and weather
i now stand
no longer beautiful
with no more flowers

with only the hope that i can be able to stand proud and beautiful once again someday”
 Youssof Gehad


[ s e v e n ]


I ran, looking for a place where I could find my myself free in it. A place where the sun and moon would never leave it. A place where everything is real and pure. I ran until I reached a place, where its air was fresh and full of peace.
I sat there from dusk till dawn, mesmerized by sight.
I've found a boat and ran to it, thinking that maybe this will be my escape from the real world.
Sailing into the river, I couldn't help but admire the beauty of nature.
The water was a perfect shade of blue, not so bright and not so dark.
The sky was really bright, its color was nearly turning to white. The trees on the other side, were shining green and the leaves were dancing to the rhythm of the wind. My eyes were glimmering with tears, I finally felt free. I felt a cold breeze in the air, it was the time for me to spread my wings. I felt like a new-born bird, flying for the first time. That's when I finally realized that my life was full of beauty, but I was blind.”
 Haya



[ F I N . ]