And the bench we shared!


It’s a normal day, it seems like any other day; everything is super ordinary, everything took the routine as an idol. I go to work in the morning, go jogging at night, then I go to sleep to start a copy of the previous day.


I believe in coincidence anyway, I love coincidence, it’s a time break, it gives you the chance to invite something new in your life. I adore the word itself, prefer to press on it this way: (coin-cidence) , I know the original formula (co-incidence), but I like the first one. Does the coincidence resemble a flipping coin? It might be a good coincidence, but it also could be a beginning for painful events.


Last night was a special one, I was jogging as usual, I always have a rest on a bench which is located at the halfway point of my distance. When I reached my spotted area, I found a girl who reached it at the same time. I hesitated, if I sat, would she sit? 


The bench is long enough for two persons, but no one sat beside me on it. I see it as my property, no one can take it from me. I sat on the bench with expressions of anger on my face to make her go away, but she took her place next to me!


I usually have a three-minute rest on the bench, that time it extended to ten minutes. She was wearing black sweatpants, a red t-shirt and running shoes, that’s what I noticed when she was about to sit. 

I got my phone out of my pocket and started scrolling on Facebook. When I locked the phone, the black screen reflected her face looking at me!


I think she’s my age, she has an oval face that ends with a dimpled chin, her thin nose looks amazing and her black eyes are wide. I observed these details when her face took a posture similar to that made by a deer.


Why don’t I start talking to her? I think it’s a good idea, would she accept me? Or would she accuse me of verbal harassment? I think she likes me, she won’t sit if she doesn't, I want to guess her name.


I built my own story, it’s a “happily ever after” one. I imagined that we were laughing together when I started the conversation by a joke, I imagined her with a pure soul and a perfect smile. In my story, we knew each other very well that I had the chance to propose, her reaction was a laugh from the heart and an answer: “Before this sentence, I began to think you will break my heart.” It was a great wedding, we invited all our friends and relatives. Our first child was a boy, and the second was a girl. We saved the habit of jogging, we always took rest on the same bench to remember how we met, even when we became too old to run, we turned jogging into walking, just to revive the best coincidence we had in our lives.


When I was at the depth of my imagination, she stood up and started jogging, I stood up to call her out: “ Wait, eh….?” I didn’t know her name, should I have called her Adam’s mother?!