Abnormal!



It’s so weird to notice eyes staring at you, why do those cats keep looking at me? Even dogs, they don’t stop barking when I pass by them, what’s wrong with me? 

I look normal, I’m a fifteen-year-old kid, my weight is nearly sixty- two kilograms and my height is about a hundred and sixty-five centimetres. I have a square-shaped, tanned face with random facial hair; as I’ve just stepped into adulthood.

I look at my face in the mirror, my face looks pale these days, I think it’s a result of malnutrition I suffer, I don’t actually feel hungry, when I try to put something in my stomach, my mouth closes its lips as if I’m going to vomit.

I stayed in my room the past few days, I don’t want to communicate with anyone. By coincidence, the house was calmer than ever.

My mobile phone was in my perfect mode which is the aeroplane mode, I don’t know the genius who named this state. I feel that I have my own space, free of everything that connects me to the outer world when I’m in flying mode.

I think it’d be better to get out and have some fresh air. I’m about to return my health back and expel any sort of illness. I told my mother I’m seeing a friend in our neighbourhood, she didn’t reply, but I think she heard me.

Before I left home I had phoned my friend, he said: “Hello!,” I began to talk, he couldn’t hear me, I ensured that I could hear what he said, on the other side he denied, he said: “Anybody, say Hello!” Anyway, I decided to have a tour in our neighbourhood, but I found out that I’d forgotten my phone.

As I hoped, I found my friend occupying the same spot we used to stand by, he appeared exhausted. I smiled at him and began to speak, but he started to cry and ran. What’s the ignorance for? I can’t remember any fights between us for a long time, I think he will come and tell as usual.

I'm at a state between being asleep and awake. I feel like jelly, and water is pushing me in all directions. There’s something that happened that I can’t remember, now I’m feeling abnormal.

The doorbell rang, I went to open it, but my mother did first, it was my friend! He was crying and trembling while talking, I can’t believe what he said, Is this a prank?

My friend said: “I’m sorry for what I’m going to say. Please, be tolerant and patient, while we were swimming, my friend suddenly screamed he’s about to drown, he was in a deeper region, I screamed for help so anyone could get him out, although I was closer, I was afraid I couldn’t help. When a lifeguard heard, it was too late. I’m sorry, but I should have told you, my soul was suffering, I even have illusions that he phoned me and I can feel him around.”

I don’t know what to say, but I could remember everything now, the tides, the water and the screams. Everything became clear, now I can only see a passage of light!