Your Ornamental Bruises

 




Passing by the sea shore, meditating the moving waters.

As moving as those stories behind my bruises.

In a pond of thoughts I’m diving, in the waters of losses I’m trying to survive, in the gardens of blessings, I’m thankful.

Those bruises that are delicately embroidered like the reddish veins throughout my body, like this old necklace or that photograph someone gives you before leaving, just hoping that you’ll always remember them no matter what happens, no matter where the sturdy waters of life take us to.

That phrase someone says before leaving.

The bruises I have narrate the stories of the times my heart became lifeless.

Drained of energy and taken out of life.

It ravishes me every time I believe that someone might be a blessing in disguise, but a blessing turns to be a curse.

A curse that easily shreds my insides

I’m sometimes foolish to myself, I pent up my tears when they are supposed to be let go of

But I sometimes get flashbacks to those moments I had before being hunt by many scars and shallow dreams.

I get aroused by the countless times I may have fallen in love

A love that is now a bruise, but it had its own shine for a while

A shine like that of the sun, so beautifully bright and when it’s time to say ‘’goodbye’’

I still have this flicker of beautifully assembling shine in my mind

My either mental or physical bruises have tragically, yet strongly built me.

A bruise comes in many forms, it could rise from your clinical depression, the thought of not being enough, a sickness you have trying to fight for too long and the fear of being a failure.

It could arise from lots of things, but your bruises reflect everything about you.

They reflect the beautiful person that you’ve become.

They have ornamented you as much as they’ve might been a living curse to you.