Day and Night and the Marriage That Didn’t Work Out.





It feels peaceful when you bid the world good night, it means that finally, life decided to cut you some slack and do you mercy by shutting you out and leaving you alone, I am a night owl or maybe more like a vampire, exposing to sunburns the cover I am shielded behind, wears away the vibrant colours I dyed to help make my life seem exciting, decomposes the herculean, fragile soul that has been putting on a facade the entire time to seem cool; At the end of the day when I plunk down on my bed, I inhale breathes of defeat and give in to my mind which drags me into scenarios that undoubtedly and pathetically shatter my heart into pieces or sometimes I just dream of things I know that the chance of them happening in real life is null but yeah, I guess day and night don’t go well together, their differences are big, incomparable and badly contradicting, I always thought of them as a couple, a married couple that are no longer in love anymore but manages to stay in touch to co-parent us so we can wake up and feel hopeful but go to bed at night in utter disappointment; I often cry myself to sleep but most likely push my soul to dissolve in darkness because that’s where I find my soul, well rested and breathing; day is mystifying, it never reveals one’s real self, it overshadows it with clouds and beaming rays of sun, misleads us to see hope in things we have given up on a while ago, i love to embrace tranquility through the silence of the night, where people are already fast asleep or dozing off on one of the couches, as I grow older I come to realise that relationships are draining, communicating is exhausting, cars beeping and mobiles chirping and every noise is consuming; life at night is therapeutic, calmer I would say.