A FaceTime Call, Parched Gallery, and WhatsApp Block.




Speechless.
Pain engorged by relief.
Letting go of you hurts but liberates.
So does your love, it enslaves.
Stuck between “please, come back,
and “don’t ever come anywhere near me again.

A frozen picture of you;
an unstable connection.
A paused FaceTime call;
connection dropped.

Was I living vicariously through someone else?
Am I in denial?
You big, scumbag liar.

Battery fully charged,
no recent notifications;
odd peacefulness I find quite irritating.
Phone gallery parched for some new memories to save of us,
pondering why I deleted the old, precious ones.

I never asked how disentanglement works:
our knot used to be pretty tight,
but entirely destroyed, 
while envied by many.

You used to say, “you are the one picking fights,” 
but 'why's don’t matter anyway...

Who am I to end it or have the final say?
It heals, but steals away the very youthful skin of mine,
eats at my shine,
I don’t remember you, 
and I hope I never do.

Screw you.

Strings and tightropes,
I was told to play it safe and stay away from the slopy slopes,
but deep down
in the shallow well,
I fell.

But, to whom should I say my last farewell?
Battery half-charged,
useless Facebook notifications,
neither texts nor missed calls.


Blank WhatsApp profile,
one grey tick.
I am blocked.
And it was like it all has never happened.