The Castle Of The Broken Soul



It was strange coming into this place again. I felt immune to the power it had over me, the power that managed to make me weaker the deeper I went inside. As I got closer to the core of the house, my heart started beating faster and the more  strength I had to  grasp my fears. I felt the ground beneath me start to shake, as I take in my surroundings. It's like the place has came to life and is starting its war with me once again. The keepers of the place are gone, as they disappeared one by one out of my life. Healing is what they call it, some say it's a beautiful process and I agree with them. However, mine became an endless journey that time seemed to go by slowly  and the pain could either be the black ash that is a residue from the furious volcano or the eruption itself. My mind started to register the place as I walked its halls, the markings on the walls were like the invisible wounds that I had, except that my wounds were deep and only a few understood the reason behind it. It became clearer to me after months what they did but the reason is still hidden, unexplainable and actually it will mean nothing to know the secret of what happened,  as it only awaken the creatures that lured in the dark. Everyone says time heal, or you should be healed by now, but that's not true because healing is my journey that I am conquering alone. As I exit the place at the end, I stare back and stood my ground, I grasped the hidden strength that nobody understood, so I can start breaking down the walls of this building. I stood and watched the fumes endulge the fractures and pieces and with this fire, my soul started to feel more alive and I have never been more free. As for its foundation, it will remain a memory as I remember the lessons and not the faces, not the pain, not the flashbacks of everyone who was in my life, those who were grief was only the lesson my mind registered  but the feeling I shouldn't have felt. Afterwards, I just turned around and looked to those who are still in my life, to the future wars to win, the fraction of rightful people to love. Lastly, to my unknown lover that might be the only human who can break my walls and see what others couldn't and understand what they never thought of existing with in me.