Paranoia



The bags under my eyes were just a sign of my discontinuous sleep.
See I have been having those nightmares that scared the sleep out of my eyes.
I'd rather be tortured by the headaches of sleeplessness than close my eyes.
My nightmares are about the monsters hiding in my closet or underneath my bed.
My nightmares are about the shadows I see moving around my room before my eyes shut.
They all think I am crazy but I grasped it! they are  trying to drive me insane.
They said those big white pills would make all the noises go away, but whenever I would swollow the pill my head would spin and the ground beneath me would shake like crazy and I would start doubting myself "are my legs just wobbly or are the monsters running towards me to hunt me down and finally murder me?" The rooms grow colder every night, and the big white pills are a part of the nightmares now.
They said the pills will take the pain away, but here they are poisoning my thoughts and sleep.
See I am sorry for the bags underneath my eyes, but I can't go to bed because the ogre will grasp a hold of me and choke me to death.