My Happiness


Where did my happiness go? You took it with you the night before.
Where did my happiness go? Help me! My tears are getting out of control. Do you remember that smile of mine that made you go crazy? What crime are you punishing me for?

My heart was beating for you. I fell in love with you. Like that night I fell on the floor and you carried me all way to my apartment door. Like that time, we were watching a movie and you slept on my shoulders. I know this was just a game. You pretended to love me just to make your mum travel away. But I couldn't control my happiness when I was with you.

We've danced in the rain, played cards on a train and we burned your house while burning a cake. How could you forget all of this? Was falling in love with you my crime? If so, what should I do now?

The strings of my heart are attached to yours. I can't just cut them off. You can't leave without even saying your goodbye. But I'm going to let you go, without hurting my ego and pride. My happiness is all mine and I will not share it with a single soul this time. I promise you, you're going to miss my smile. I'll spread my happiness everywhere. You weren't my source of happiness, it was that sparkly reflection of mine when I was by your side. Loving myself was easier when you were there. But remember these words. "I'll show you how I could conquer the world alone. My happiness will be the dagger that will stab your heart."