For the Love of Everything Pretty


For this month of September, we present to you the latest instalment of our monthly photo collections, For the Love of Everything Pretty, by Marise Samer!


The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour.” 
― Sir James Jeans.

[ o n e ] 



Blues and blues only. 
They say, “I feel blue,” whenever they’re sad, but I believe that blue is such an epitome of serenity to the soul. 
The sky is a canvas by god and the water is so beautifully shining, giving out such a golden spark. The sun said,“Hey, wait for me so that we all can take a pretty picture together.”
And then there’s that sailboat in the waters, passing by the waves and 

humans do nothing but wonder.


t w o ]


I am meant to bloom, to flourish —we all have this potential, anyway. Yet there are these days which feel like a still pond, these days which put you on the sofa and make you binge-watch your favourite movies. These days, however, do not make your growth journey less valid.
You're gorgeously blossoming, and any break throughout the way is also building you; working so hard isn't supposed to contradict with pampering yourself. 
Let this be a soft reminder that you have to be mild with yourself, too.


[ t h r e e ]


the sweet nectar which i once adored,
it overflowed with sweetness
but i almost don’t recognize the taste anymore
how can something that was once so sweet

become such a burden on my rosy lips


[ f o u r ]


"and as you bloom precious beauty, with your heavenly coloured petals, you emit rays of sunshine and happiness to those who surround."


[ f i v e ]


Seashells and sea waves
Remind me of our beautiful story.
They remind me of how we blind in together
Of how we complete each other.
Of how we love each other.
Of how when we talk I feel blue lovely butterflies, and I only see the blue skies above me... it's like you put me over the clouds and suddenly all I can hear is the sound of the sea.

The sea waves and the seashells and the colour Blue 💙
 Nourhan Amr.

[ s i x ]


Only the sea knows all of my unspoken words...”


[ s e v e n ]


Walking in a garden full of flowers, a lavender-coloured flower caught my eyes. Its petals were the colour of my dress and the ribbon that covered my hair. I couldn't help but get close to it and smell its scent. It smelled like a pungent perfume that my mom used to wear. It made me feel like I'm back to my childhood days. This little flower that dominates the least part of nature, has its own magic. It's a magical flower that spreads happiness and joy. The second my eyes landed on it, my heart jumped out of its place. I was overwhelmed with happiness and peace. I wish I could portray its petals in a glass ball. Whenever I remember this magnificent moment, that ball would lighten up my room with this memory. To everyone out there... take care of nature and feel its beauty. Inhale the positivity and elegance that surrounds it. Breathe and Breathe and Breathe, let it work its magic. Let the smell of the flowers and the dancing leaves pull you into another dimension. 

- A fairy in wonderland.”
 Haya Yasser




[ F I N . ]