The Peace You Encounter




I am sometimes a hundred times lost as if my peace counter lost its counting pace. I'll be thinking why a person won’t choose peace over retaliation. I'll be thinking why my sadness won’t lose the deathly thoughts and intense proposal to lose the peace I have within me.

Sometimes when I wake up to the sky supposedly sinking in blues, it seems like the blues are wearing gowns in blacks. Till the day I came across a note I scribbled down in a journal that said:

“The peace you encounter” -2017.

How astounding it is that time pass by leaving glimmers of mixed feelings that you sometimes don’t get. The world passes by every day and through the blurs of sound, a note, a quote, a word that was written by your own bare hands pops up out of nowhere.

It reminds you of a peaceful time, of calmness and happiness. Then suddenly you look in the mirror and you’re smiling, happily and beautifully. I, for once, am holding hands with my sanity.