my destination.


By: Mrwan Yahia





as i'm ran over by the train of thoughts,
my mind makes stops in recent memory.
mapping out every change, every detail, every doubt.
what does it mean when they're connected together?
i ask around all confused, have i taken a wrong track?
after all, she's always the destination in my dreams.
is she trying to ditch it all, but keeps postponing?
is she holding back just to keep me on board?
does she feel pity and want me to keep my pass?
it's 4AM, i claim there shouldn't be any lines operating.
as a little bump sends me shaking in angst,
i head to the mirror, i observe myself.
has my time come and my engine died?
i wonder if it's all in my head and i'm just out of coal,
maybe there are gaps i should mind,
maybe there are easier routes to take,
or maybe she feels the same, as a passenger on this train.